Cleaning and Preventive Care
What You Can Expect from Dentist in Dodge City
Your experienced dentist in Dodge City will perform a comprehensive dental exam at your initial dental visit.
Your dentist and hygienist will include the following at all regular check-up exams:
- Dental Radiographs: X-rays provide early detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss that cannot be seen in a visual exam. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Tooth Decay Exam: In addition to your x-rays, all tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special new state-of-the-art decay detection instruments.
- Gum disease evaluation: Your dentist and hygienist will check the gums and bone around your teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, bridges and other dental work for fit, leakage, or unusual wear.
- Oral cancer screening: Your dentist will check your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
Regular cleanings and checkups are an important part of your dental hygiene and overall health care. With routine x-rays and the latest diagnostic aids such as intra-oral cameras, we can provide you and your family with a complete dental care program in our comfortable and friendly office.
Routine Teeth Cleaning
Routine cleaning and Fluoride treatment removes and prevents the build-up of tartar and plaque and polishes your teeth to make them smooth and radiant; and it may also help you to avoid gingivitis. You should have a routine check-up and cleaning at least twice a year.
Comprehensive Dental Exams
The best way to correct most dental problems is to avoid them to begin with. Treatment by our expert staff means you'll receive the most thorough exam possible. We'll check for problems such as cavities, chipped teeth or broken teeth, missing teeth, gum disease, oral cancer, TMJ problems, loose crowns and fillings.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Have you noticed any of these problems with your smile?
- Stained, discolored, or dull-looking teeth
- Chipped, cracked, or worn teeth
- Missing teeth or general bite disorder
- Old and unattractive fillings
If you answered yes to any of these problems, we have some of the most innovative cosmetic treatments available that can give you a reason to smile with confidence once again, including: Teeth Whitening, Invisalign, Bridges, Porcelain Veneers, Tooth Colored Fillings, Dental Implants, Beautiful Dentures, Porcelain Crowns and Bonding, just to name a few.
Call us today to schedule a cosmetic exam to find out which dental service solution is right for you.
The surest way to detect cavities
Dental patients place value on healthy and attractive teeth. In order to maintain them, the earliest possible care is essential.
DIAGNOdent helps Dr. Hrencher with early detection. Even the smallest lesions are detected at the earliest stage, enabling us to protect and preserve the tooth substance.
The Dexis CariVu is a laser diagnostic tool used at Hrencher Dental. It is used for caries detection as well as other lesions such as cracks in the tooth. Early detection is important for treatment and overall health of the tooth.
Maybe if you could actually see those old fillings yourself, you'd feel a lot better about having them fixed. Here's where an intraoral camera is just the ticket!
An intraoral camera is about the size of a pen, so it fits easily into your mouth. Once positioned, it sends pictures to a monitor, where your teeth and gums appear in a full-color, usually as a very large image. Want a copy of the image? We can print one for you.